August 17, 2014
INTERCESSORY PRAYER LIST
(friends, family and acquaintances of parishioners)
Susan, Carly, Rosemary, Joanne, Johnny, Paul, Missy, Carol, Dana, Bill, Mary, Mike, Leonard, Stella, Courtney, Edith, Susan, John Joseph, Monica, Janis, Bette, Jim, Elma, Donna, Barb, Olivia, Michael, Edwina, Angela, Lucas, Julie, Nick, Madeline, Evelyn, Denny, Dee, Andi, Michael, Lynn, Richard
WE CELEBRATE THIS WEEK
BIRTHDAYS: Owen Miller, Judith Crysler, John Donaphon, Timmy Spiotta, Sueny Seeney
$ 175,167 Actual pledges received as of 07/31/2014
161,637 Pledges expected to be received as of 07/31/2014
$ 13,530 Above expectation in pledge collection
NURSERY CARE Nursery care is available today from 8:30am—10:00am for infants—4 years of age in the Acorn Sunshine classroom located on the lower level. Andrea Cruz and Sara Dolan, Nursery care givers.
CHILDREN’S SERMON Children ages 3 years old through 5th grade are invited to attend the children’s sermon every Sunday during the 9 o’clock service. The children follow the crucifer and teachers (after the Gospel reading) to St. Mary’s Hall for children’s sermon. The children return during the post-sermon hymn to be with their parents for the remainder of the service.
SUNDAY SUMMER WORSHIP SCHEDULE
- Sunday Worship Schedule: July 6th through August 31st one service only at 9:00 AM. During July we will celebrate Holy Eucharist Rite II and during August Rite I.
- Parish Office Hours Monday –Thursday, 8:30am—2:30pm
SUNDAY SUMMER FELLOWSHIP ON FRONT LAWN All are welcome to join for tea, lemonade and fellowship on the front lawn of the church immediately following the 9am service each Sunday. We thank Carol Smith for hosting today’s fellowship.
STEWARDSHIP EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH THE YEAR
As a direct result of you sharing your thoughts and concerns using the congregational questionnaires and conversations, we are implementing a few changes that will improve communication within our congregation:
1) During these last few weeks of summer, we are testing a new format for the announcements on Sunday mornings. In an effort to be more focused and less intrusive, one of your vestry members will read the announcements. Anyone who wishes to include an announcement must submit it to Rita by 9 am on Thursday mornings.
2) In an effort to improve communication and transparency, the vestry minutes for each meeting will be available in the book rack located in the foyer outside of St. Joseph’s hall (next to the water fountain). Vestry meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, September through June; all meetings other than executive sessions are open to parishioners, so please feel free to attend.
3) Parish Ministry Sunday - mark your calendars for November 9th when you will have the opportunity to learn about the variety of ministries here at Christ Church. We hope you will use this occasion not only to learn about the ministries but also to discern where you feel called to devote your time and talent as well.
STARFEST BAZAAR NEEDS YOU! Mark your calendars now for this parish-wide event November 14-16. Starfest will feature a Lasagna Dinner on Friday night the 14th, a Silent Auction, 6 themed bazaar tables, Saturday luncheon, pictures with Santa, Santa’s Secret Gift Shop and kids activity area. We are looking for contributions for the following:
Please do NOT bring items (except books) to Church for storage yet. There will not be space until later in the fall. Look for the upcoming article in the September/October Chronicle.
Liturgical Ministers Schedule Weekly Calendar
9AM 10 Pentecost, August 17
MC –Jim Ross 9:00am Holy Eucharist Rite I
Altar – Peter Falcone followed by fellowship on the front lawn
Crucifer –Gillian Cochran Monday, August 18
OT, Psalm – Jeremy Dawson 12-1pm AA Meeting, VR
NT –Mary Ann Klassen Tuesday, August 19
PP-Paul Worrell -------------------------
CB1-Erin Cochran Wednesday, August 20
CB2-Frank Mathews 8pm AA Meeting, SJH
Thursday, August 21
Ushers 10am Lima Estates Holy Communion
9AM Friday, August 22
Suki Seeney 12-2pm AA Meeting, SJH
Ron Mecklin Saturday, August 23
9am Altar & Flower Guilds
Children’s Sermon 11 Pentecost, August 24
Frank Mathews, deliverer 9am Holy Eucharist Rite I
Lee Herzog, Helper followed by fellowship on the front lawn
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Rector: The Rev. Adam P. Kradel, Ph.D., email@example.com
Priest Associate: The Rev. Randolph Williamson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Organist/Choir Director: Mr. Joel Lenderman, email@example.com
Parish Administrator: Mrs. Rita Caserta, firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Director: Ms. Joanne Petrosina, email@example.com
Doug Sisk, Rector’s Warden Russell Bilbrough, Preschool Liaison
Peter Spiotta, Finance Beth Moore, Hospitality
James Kozub, Property Judy Fitzgerald, Communications
Stephen Adcock, Membership Cynthia Young, Christian Education
Marylee Bunting, Outreach Susan Mayer, Stewardship
Daniel Mistichelli, Accounting Warden John Nee, Preschool